IPB Helpers: How to Install IPB-3 beta to your Local Host on Windows Vista. - IPB Helpers

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to Install IPB-3 beta to your Local Host on Windows Vista. This Tutorial may be classified IPB-3 and Local Host for Dummies Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Woodsman Icon

• IPBH Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Life, My Truck, My Computers and My Tools
    and forget about my sanity...

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:05 PM

How to Install IPB-3 beta to your Local Host on Windows Vista.
By The Woodsman

This Tutorial may be classified IPB-3 and Local Host for Dummies

This tutorial will save you about 3 days of Internet search time installing IPB-3 on your home computer using it as a local host.

Well if you are running your Invision Power Board as a test board on your Vista local host using Apache2Triad it works just fine with versions 2.2.x to 2.3.x. But if you are planning to install the new IPB beta 3, be prepared to pull some hair out. First of all be prepared to replace the existing the Apache server, Mysql and PHP files in Apache2Triad or IPB-3 beta won't install. Just about the time you say to yourself "Finally" poof you are pulling the rest of your hair out. This tutorial also applies to first time local host installs

Here is a much easier way to upgrade:

1. If you are planning to keep your older board editions as well as installing IPB-3 beta, Backup everything! Backup your test forum and your data bases, skin and mod files. You will be glad you did…

2. Uninstall the Apache2Triad and Apache 2.2 server you needed to run on your Vista machine.

3. Install Wamp Server 2. Wamp Server 2 comes with the latest Windows versions of Apache, Mysql and PHP needed for IPB-3. Click on your New Wamp Server 2 icon on your desktop, you will notice a new Wamp icon in your system tray. If all is working correctly you can click on localhost to access the Wamp5 Home Page. Make sure you click on Put Online.

4. After installing Wamp Server 2, go to your wamp\www directory on your C drive(C:\wamp\www) create a new file for your Invision board 'forum' copy the content of the Upload file from your IPB-3 zip file to the new forum file you have just created. Copy The Ioncube directory to your www folder.

5. Now you can go into the Wamp5 Home Page and access the phpmyadmin directory. Here you need to create a database. It is also a good idea to create a new user account with a password leaving the root account intact. Changing the user root content may cause you to be locked out of the phpmyadmin directory.

6. Now go to Start - Control Panel - User Accounts and Family Safety – User Accounts. Click on User Accounts – Click on Turn User Account Control On or Off. You will get a pop up block Windows needs your permission to continue. Click Continue. Uncheck the box 'Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer. Click on OK. You will now receive a message to reboot your system. Click OK.

7. After the Reboot, access the Wamp Server, Click on Put Offline then Stop All Services. Go to PHP and click on the php.ini. Add this statement to the php.ini file, "zend_extension_ts = C:\path\www\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll" without the Quotation marks and save. Path is the Directory which you installed the wamp files, I called mine "wampserver2" because of the other services I have in operation.

8. Go and Start All Services, Put Online.

9. Now go to Start - Control Panel - User Accounts and Family Safety – User Accounts. Click on User Accounts – Click on Turn User Account Control On or Off. Check the box 'Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer. Click on OK. You will now receive a message to reboot your system again. Click OK.

Now you can go into your browser. In the address bar type http:// localhost/<name of your forum> to auto start your IPB-3 Beta installation. Mine for example: http://localhost/forum-3..

And that is it just follow the install directions.
Good Luck!

The Woodsman

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users