IPB Helpers: Which browser do you use? - IPB Helpers

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which browser do you use? Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

Poll: Which browser do you use? (87 member(s) have cast votes)

Which browser do you use?

1. Firefox/Mozilla (53 votes [62.35%])

Percentage of vote: 62.35%

2. Internet Explorer (20 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

3. Netscape (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Opera (9 votes [10.59%])

Percentage of vote: 10.59%

5. Avant (1 votes [1.18%])

Percentage of vote: 1.18%

6. Maxthon (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Safari (1 votes [1.18%])

8. Other (specify) (1 votes [1.18%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Logan Icon

• Procrastinator
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:36 PM

Which browser do you use? If you use multiple browsers, pick the one you use / prefer the most.

I use Firefox smile.gif

#2 User is offline   Sunlite Icon

• Hello!
  • PipPip
  • Interests:all sorts of things. ;)

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:59 PM

I usually use and prefer Safari, followed by Firefox second. I refuse to use IE which is horrid on a Mac .

#3 User is offline   ShapesBlue Icon

• Free Your Mind
  • Pip

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:05 PM

I use Firefox on Windows, and on Linux I use Konquerer, I am trying to learn how to get Firefox to work in the Linux environment.

#4 User is offline   Andrew S. Icon

• IPBH Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:03 AM

I use Internet Explorer 7...biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Andrew S.: 09 September 2005 - 06:54 AM

#5 User is offline   ShapesBlue Icon

• Free Your Mind
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:35 AM

IE.....yuck, another piece of crap Microsoft has come out with. Full of hole and security issues.

#6 User is offline   .Robby Icon

• In Memory of Dad and Sierra
  • Pip
  • Interests:IPB, Writing, Music, And Family

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:40 AM

I am actually one of those guys thatlikes variety ...
I run 4 different cpu's so I have
IE
Netscape
Firefox
Opera
Safari
Konquerer

#7 User is offline   darlof Icon

• Admiral
  • PipPip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:54 AM

FF always

#8 User is offline   ShapesBlue Icon

• Free Your Mind
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (Riker @ Aug 18 2005, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FF always

Amen to that brother, IE just isn't great and never will be. FF all the way on Windows.

#9 User is offline   Logan Icon

• Procrastinator
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:21 AM

I like FF but I really find IE is faster.

#10 User is offline   Bionic Woman Icon

• The Thinker
  • Group: V.I.P. Members

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:41 PM

IE, but only as I do not have a clue how to change to a more superior browser. uhm.gif

This FireFox seems very popular. Why is it better than IE or other browsers? unsure.gif

#11 User is offline   erik Icon

• IPBH Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE (Boaz @ Aug 18 2005, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IE, but only as I do not have a clue how to change to a more superior browser. uhm.gif

This FireFox seems very popular. Why is it better than IE or other browsers? unsure.gif

Firefox doesn't have as much problems with (serious) securicty holes, and they seem to be fixed faster.

Besides that, Firefox has darn nice options, like tabbed browsing, "search google on" with a right click, and you can get all kinds of nice "extensions" as the extra's are called.

Download Firefox at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ and install it smile.gif

#12 User is offline   Goggie Icon

• IPBH Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:18 PM

I love my Fire Fox biggrin2.gif

#13 User is offline   Bionic Woman Icon

• The Thinker
  • Group: V.I.P. Members

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (erik @ Aug 18 2005, 07:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Firefox doesn't have as much problems with (serious) securicty holes, and they seem to be fixed faster.

Besides that, Firefox has darn nice options, like tabbed browsing, "search google on" with a right click, and you can get all kinds of nice "extensions" as the extra's are called.

Download Firefox at http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ and install it smile.gif

Hi Erik

By using FF would that effect my favourites in any way and also if I did have any problems, is it difficult to go back to IE easily?

Thanks

#14 User is offline   Andrew S. Icon

• IPBH Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (erik @ Aug 18 2005, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IE7 is to be fixing all of them security holes that are out there that were in it previously so there won't be that many unless hackers find their way to get around everything in IE7, IE7 has tabbed browsing, phishing filter, RSS Feed capability, has ALOT of extensions that you can download for it, so it's going to be great once IE7 hits final...smile.gif

This post has been edited by Andrew S.: 09 September 2005 - 06:53 AM

#15 User is offline   Logan Icon

• Procrastinator
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:10 PM

Firefox is in much better compliance to web standards. That's why just about every web developer chooses Firefox. Because it works the way it should. Internet Explorer distorts content, and developers must often put in fixes and word arounds for IE when every other browser does it right.

I don't believe IE will ever become in compliance with web standards. I have kept up with the IE blog and they aren't fixing all the problems other than Alpha PNG transparency and some CSS problems. Full support for CSS 2 and XHTML is far from now if ever.

IE is popular because Microsoft cheats, it comes with the OS. So most people don't bother to use another browser since this one does what they need and works fine. Those whoever that are rather more 'tech-savvy' and know about malware and spyware, use Firefox because it's the right choice for security.

So in every sense, Firefox is much more secure than IE, and Firefox is in much better compliance with web standards than IE.

#16 User is offline   Andrew S. Icon

• IPBH Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:17 PM

I've been keeping up with the IE Blog too and pretty much all of the important standards that web developers are facing they're going to pretty much put into and fix in IE7 because they haven't cared too much about web standards until this build of IE, I can't tell you why because I don't know but all I can say is IE7 so far is turning out to be a great product because after all IE is much faster then Firefox is because when I used Firefox then it took just 2-3 minutes for it to fully load up while IE boots up straight away, and it can open webpages faster then Firefox can so IE has the upper hand as far as speed wise...

This post has been edited by Andrew S.: 09 September 2005 - 06:51 AM

#17 User is offline   Logan Icon

• Procrastinator
  • Pip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (Andrew S. @ Aug 19 2005, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been keeping up with the IE Blog too and pretty much all of the important standards that web developers are facing they're going to pretty much put into and fix in IE7 because they haven't cared too much about web standards until this build of IE, I can't tell you why because I don't know but all I can say is IE7 so far is turning out to be a great product because after all IE is much faster then Firefox is because when I used Firefox then it took just 2-3 minutes for it to fully load up while IE boots up straight away, and it can open webpages faster then Firefox can so IE has the upper hand as far as speed wise...

IE is only faster because it's integrated into your windows operating system simple as that. Also, you're wrong Firefox comes up pretty fast. Maybe not as fast as IE but 2-3 minutes is definitely over-exageration, or there's something majorly wrong with your computer.

I wouldn't mind making a small speed sacrifice for improved browsing quality and enhanced security. And at the moment, there isn't a whole lot I can of speed difference other than loading for the first time.

IE also uses a poor method for downloading images on a page, Firefox does it in a much quicker way.

Note: To all those Firefox users, check out Firetune: http://www.totalidea.com/freestuff4.htm It's a quick and easy to use tool which speeds up Firefox durastically including load time.

#18 User is offline   giggsey Icon

• In the words of Arnie "I'll be back"!
  • Pip
  • Interests:My site :d

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:32 AM

In Windows I use Firefox, and in LInux I use Firefox smile.gif

I use firefox, because it loads a **** lot quicker then my IE did (around 5 minutes it was to open a link in a new window), and of course, tabbed browsing

All the extensions, and how easy they are to make is sweet as well

Note: To all those Firefox users, check out Firetune: http://www.totalidea.com/freestuff4.htm It's a quick and easy to use tool which speeds up Firefox durastically including load time.

I've used that before, didn't really notice any difference smile.gif

#19 User is offline   Logan Icon

• Procrastinator
  • Pip

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:04 AM

The new version has a lot of improvement.

#20 User is offline   ShapesBlue Icon

• Free Your Mind
  • Pip

Posted 19 August 2005 - 08:32 PM

Firetune drastically speeds up firefox.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic